Harmony Arts is very excited to announce another instruction opportunity for Piano Students!
Our desire is to see students excel in their music study, have fun at the piano, and ENJOY playing at home each day. PPC is helping many students do just that!
The purpose of this program is to address some of the major obstacles that piano students face, especially regarding practice. Many students dread home practice. They get overwhelmed because they feel it is HARD TO DO and it’s HARD TO REMEMBER what was learned in the lesson.
In a 30-minute private lesson, we simply do not have the time to practice with enough repetition to help students become comfortable and capable in their pieces BEFORE they leave the lesson. So many students forget what was learned, or practice things incorrectly (for an entire week), or become easily frustrated in their home practice. For any student, the bottom line is this: It isn’t fun to play an instrument when you can’t play the songs because they are still beyond your ability to play easily.
So, what if they could take care of most of the LEARNING of their material AT LESSONS?
The PPC (Personalized PIano Community) curriculum:
- Lasts for one hour each week, with 3-5 students under the teachers’ supervision THE ENTIRE TIME. An assistant will also be added when 4 or more students are enrolled.
- Has been shown to dramatically improve a student’s sight reading skills – the #1 skill that students need to learn music quickly.
- Helps students move through their books faster and allows the student to learn more music each week…this translates into faster completion time.
- Includes proven practice techniques so home practice is all about review and increasing speed. Less tedium = more fun at home.
- Will foster independence in your student so there is less responsibility on you at home and less conflict over practice.
- Teaches students how to dissect learning a new piece, set tiny goals they can achieve quickly, and experience success in playing a passage well…RIGHT NOW.
- Works very well for piano students who are beginners or are currently in any piano method, levels 1-6. Late intermediate and advanced piano students need private study.
What have our participants said?
- “Wow, we’re done? It feels like it’s been only 10 minutes!”
- “I love being able to move at my own pace.”
- “I love learning to play songs I want to play.”
- “I have learned how to practice better.”
- “Mom and I have fewer arguments about practice.”
- And from a parent regarding home practice: “…She played through [her song] once, got a pencil, and then spent the next 20 minutes tackling the music totally independently. She played hands separate, chunked the hard parts, and never got overly frustrated. When she walked away she wasn’t frustrated that it wasn’t done or perfect on her first try. It was the coolest thing! My hearts was just bursting all day.”
We are all a little jealous that we weren’t able to do this as a kid!
So, if home practice has been a bit frustrating, your student needs to become more independent or up their game on note-reading, or, you simply want them to learn better practice habits, give PPC a try!